Monday, January 31, 2011

Update.

It has been quite a while since I have updated anything, especially anything of artistic value. Here is what has been up since my last post. Hopefully it will shed some light on why I have been neglecting the few people who check this page for artistic insights. I know how it feels when a blog suddenly goes MIA with its updates. That is how I feel about www.worldfamousdesignjunkies.com. They haven't updated in almost as long as me.

Anyway. I decided to go back to school. I have applied to Indiana University, and University of Nebraska-Lincoln. I know, I know, Lincoln is a pretty big jump from the Kentucky/Indiana area.

When I looked into grad school, I wanted a program that offered an MFA and letterpress. Other than that, I wasn't too concerned about where I lived. So I picked places that had and MFA and letterpress, but I picked IU because their program is supposed to be one of the top 10 in the country, and I picked Nebraska because I visited there once and I liked the city, and the campus, and I know 2 people from there. I thought that if I had to move to a strange city, it would be nice to possibly have a few friends already there.

I looked into Nashville, but the closest program I saw was in Knoxville. I don't know enough about the city to apply. I also looked into Oregon and Texas because I knew people in those areas too. I was also seriously considering Wisconsin because I felt like I really liked the teaching styles presented in the videos on their website, and they also were a highly ranked school. I waited too long to apply though and I missed the deadline.

In other news, I have a new internship. It is a lot of fun and I am learning a lot about the way galleries, and realty works. It is nice to be able to work in an environment with cool people who have similar interests. More than anything I think that I like the lack of corporate involvement that I have to deal with the other 5 days a week. I also like that it requires me to be creative and do some real life problem solving. I am writing a blog for them, so my focus has switched a little. Check it out at www.mellwoodartcenter.wordpress.com

Finally the biggest thing in my life is the passing of my dad. He lost his battle with cancer after about 6 months. There are a lot of things to say about this event, but I think that I don't really need to say anything at all.

Other than that, I have just been working my full time gig and playing Call of Duty Black Ops.

I can't really promise that I will be keeping up with this page as much as I used to, but if you ever think about it, check up on me just in case. Between grad school, the internship at the gallery, and the passing of my dad, there are a lot of doors in front of me that are opening, and with that could be new found inspiration for art and blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment