Friday, March 13, 2009

Hello.

Once upon a time...
When I was your age we didn't have a computer! Ok well maybe we did but it was only Dos. We eventually got a computer with windows when I was in 9th grade. After that we had some other computers, and eventually I inherited my brothers old lap top computer. We've come a long way baby!
The point is, we didn't have twitters (whatever those are), books for our faces, we did have space that was ours, but it was personal, it was called our bedrooms. At some point in my life livejournal was created. I am not going to lie, I made one and even tried blogging(its college I am supposed to be trying new experiences right?)!
Then came myspace, and then came facebook. Anyway, the point is....what was the point? I don't remember anymore. Oh well. When I got my first digital camera in 2007 I created a blogspot ( ericfrankenstein.blogspot.com ) and I blogged on my myspace, and occassionally the livejournal. Well I dont do that anymore! I felt like I was doing nothing but complaining about stupid crap all the time. Noone cares how my day went, or how sad I feel about whatever, and since my myspace page ( myspace.com/eric_art ) is pretty much for my art only, I didnt want to fill it with personal un-art related ramblings.
This is why I felt the need to create this new blogspot. Hopefully it will be more coherent and more to the point of art and art related writings.
This is what I hope this page will be:
-a place to show personal art work, with discriptions and information
- stories about my personal run ins with art on a daily basis
-my personal artistic philosophy
-things I think are cool, and art-news worthy. such as: movies, music, books, etc.
Yeah stuff like that.

Anyway. Thats all for now.

1 comment:

  1. thank you eric!

    this fucking twitter all this stuff just all the upgrading and then that get so crazy ..nothing is personal anymore ya know.

    I write on this shit and i do it for myself to get shit off my chest but i know no one cares or reads this shit. well im reading yours but lol...point is this crap has got crazy.

    ReplyDelete