Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Sherlock Knows what's up.


This is a scene from the new movie Sherlock Holmes. When I first saw the title screen for the movie in the previews I noticed the text. Do you know what that is? Those letters look like letterpress type to me! COOL!!!!

I love noticing stuff like this. It is like printmaking isn't just for art school students, and concert promoters anymore! Another example of this is Target stores new promotion "The Great Save", which features large signage all over the department with text that copies the look of a letterpress printed poster. It even mimics the imperfections often associated with a real-life-honest-to-god-hand-pulled print. I couldn't find an image of it online except for one image on the Target website. Check it out if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment