Saturday, March 12, 2011

Need to Print

Bret Easton Ellis as The Patron Saint of Writers

The printmaking urge is hitting me pretty hard. I think that the lack of practice with the possibility of making this into a legit venture is making me antsy. The 10 hours shifts at work are taking for ever and when I am finally set free I go home to disappointing printmaking results.

Tonight I didn't even bother burning as screen. I have accepted the fact that I need new lighting fixtures, and special bulbs to do this right. So tonight I took the plans I printed off the internet, and drew my own special little exploded diagram of what it should look like, and went to both Lowe's and The Home Depot to find the pieces I needed. Neither of them had exactly what I was looking for and I didn't know exactly what kind of bulbs constituted Black Light Bulbs without the UV filter. Home Depot had plant and aquarium bulbs. Is that the same thing??

I think that I am just going to have to do some more research and buy online somewhere. Until then I may just have to start a new relief print, or attempt monoprinting again. Or I will just have to go to work, and then come home and play Call of Duty until I can get the equipment I need. I will say that as frustrating as everything is, and as much as I would like to just say "#$%%^ it!" and go watch TV, it feels good to be heading in this direction, and it is exciting to be back in the game a little bit even if it is a bunch of screw ups.

No comments:

Post a Comment